Feedback & Complaints
If you want to ask us a question, give us positive feedback or if you have a concern about something but do not want to make an official complaint please get directly in touch with the Principal of the specific school you are contacting us about.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Complaints Procedure for Parents or Pupils
Making an informal complaint
- If you want to make a complaint but wish to do so informally to see if it can be resolved quickly, you can make your complaint to any member of Academy staff. They will take details of your complaint, investigate it or hand it someone else to investigate.
- We will inform you about the results of the investigation within 15 working days.
- If you are not happy with the way your informal complaint has been handled you can make a formal complaint.
Making a formal complaint
- If you want to make a formal complaint you should complete a standard complaint form which can be downloaded below or from the school website.
- Your complaint will be investigated by a member of the Academy Leadership Team, the Principal of the Academy, or a senior member of the Trust Leadership Group. For example, if your complaint is about the actions of a member of the leadership team, it will be investigated by the Principal.
- You will receive the results of the investigation within 15 days of your complaint. Where appropriate this will include a proposal for resolving the issue. The results may be communicated with you initially at a meeting but you will receive them in writing as well.
- If you are not satisfied with the results of the investigation or our proposal to resolve it you can appeal to an independent appeal panel. Details of how to appeal so will be provided in our response.
- If you are still not satisfied with how we have handled your complaint you may be able to appeal to the Education Funding Agency (EFA). The EFA will investigate complaints about undue delay or non-compliance with published complaints procedures or allegations that the Academy has acted unlawfully or failed to comply with a contractual duty imposed on it under its Funding Agreement with the Secretary of State or any other legal obligation.
If you wish to make an appeal against a needs assessment or the contents of an Education, Health and Care plan, you should contact your Local Authority.
Complaints Procedure for Other Parties
If you are not a parent/carer of a student at a MacIntyre Academies school and you wish to make a complaint about our work or bring something to our attention, please write or email the Principal of the Academy or the Chief Executive Officer at MacIntyre Academies Trust
Your complaint will be investigated by MacIntyre Academies and you will receive a response within 20 working days.
MacIntyre Academies reserves the right not to investigate complaints which are of an abusive, vexatious or repeated nature.
Academy Complaints Co-ordinator: email@example.com