How we use pupil information
MacIntyre Academies collects and uses pupil information under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We gather pupil data such as personal contact information, ethnicity and special educational needs as well as data about educational attainment (attendance, exclusions, assessment results).
- We gather this data to support pupil learning and also to comply with the law. Whilst the majority of pupil information is mandatory, some of it is done on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, we will make it clear when there is a choice in providing information.
- We do not share information about our pupils with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
- We share pupils’ data with the Department for Education (DfE) on a statutory basis. This data sharing underpins school funding and educational attainment policy and monitoring.
- We are required to share information about our pupils with the DfE under Regulation 5 of The Education (Information About Individual Pupils) (England) Regulations 2013.
- We hold pupil data securely and retain records for no longer than is necessary.
- Under data protection legislation, parents and pupils have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for personal information, or be given access to your child’s educational record, contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Types of Data
- MacIntyre Academies’ websites do not automatically capture or store personal information, other than logging the user's IP address and session information such as the duration of the visit and the type of browser used. This is recognised by the web server and is only used for system administration and to provide statistics.
- If you want to email via the website, you will be asked to submit some personal information (e.g. your name and email address which enables us to provide you with information you require. Your message and details may be passed on to colleagues who are better able to answer your questions. We do not share this information with external organisations unless required to do so by law.
- Where applicable, we use CCTV to monitor the school entrances and grounds for the purpose of keeping pupils and staff safe and the prevention and detection of crime. CCTV recordings may be disclosed to third parties such as the police but only where such disclosure is in accordance with the Data Protection Act. We comply with the ICO guidance on CCTV.
- The Trust uses photographic images and videos in its publications and on its website and individual school websites. We will not publish names of individuals alongside their photo and we will only use images of pupils with written parental consent.