Child Centred Approaches
Placing children and young people at the centre of everything we do.
MacIntyre Academies is committed to working in a child centred way. This means in every school, we treat each pupil as an individual and provide a personalised learning experience for them. We extend this way of working to families too - knowing that it is crucial to work in partnership.
We have adopted well established person centred thinking tools which are used across our schools. They provide an effective way to get to know and understand each pupil, their learning style, likes and preferences, strengths and needs, and to ensure that they are supported in the way that makes sense for them.
Our approaches rely on our ability to listen well to the young people and their families to get things right for them. We build in ways to review how things are going and encourage open communication all the way through school life.
Why is it important to us?
Families have told us that using person centred thinking tools helps them to:
- Feel listened to
- Have more positive (and less adversarial) interactions with school
- Be more in control of their lives
- Work in partnership to find the best outcome for their child
- Feel more connected to their local community
- Express their aspirations for their family's life both now and in the future